Founder and General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Prof Daniel Olukoya turns 66 today.
Here are some interesting facts you probably don’t know about Nigeria’s firebrand pastor:
- Pastor Daniel Olukoya popularly called ‘DKO’ was born July 15, 1957, in Ondo, Southern Nigeria.
- Olukoya’s father was a police officer while his mum was a trader.
- While registered at St. John’s CAC Primary School, Akure, he was recognized as an exceptionally intelligent child coming tops throughout his stay at the school. Later when his family moved to Lagos, he was enrolled at St. Jude’s Primary school, Ebute Metta from which he graduated with excellent results.
- In 1976, DKO was admitted into the University of Lagos (Unilag) to study Microbiology. He graduated from Unilag in 1980 with a first-class degree in Microbiology. He was the first person to have achieved a first-class in the course at the university and his GPA is still the highest recorded so far (as at February 2010) in that course.
- Prof Olukoya thereafter got a scholarship to study Molecular Genetics at the University of Reading, Reading, Berkshire in England. This makes him one of the five popular pastors with PhDs.
- He is happily married to Shade Olukoya. They tied the knot in 1986. The duo, who have been married for over 15 years, shared same birthdate. Their union has been blessed with a son, Elijah Toluwani Olukoya.