Parallel fact crime

Ghanaian Man Shoots Mother, Sister, Engages In 13-Hour Gun Duel With US Police


After a 13-hour gunfight with the police, a 24-year-old Ghanaian man was captured shortly after reportedly shooting his mother and sister in Worcester, Massachusetts, in the United States.

According to the report, officers from the Worcester Police Department responded to a distress call at a home on Colby Avenue where a domestic altercation had taken place at or around 8:30 that morning.
However, the suspect, a 24-year-old man had already left the area when the police arrived. Nevertheless, officers spoke with a family member who gave them important information when they got there, according to Africa News.
Security personnel discovered the 24-year-old man suspect, who was obviously carrying a pistol, and ordered him to surrender after the police first had success in convincing him to do so.

But then something unexpected happened: the guy leaped to his feet, opened fire on the officers, then scurried back inside the house.

Related News

According to the article, the Worcester Police Department put up a sizable squad to handle the situation while keeping the victims’ safety in mind.

The Hostage Negotiation Team, SWAT Team, K9 Unit, drone operators, and a Mobile Crisis mental health physician all contributed to the operation.

Officers worked nonstop for nearly thirteen agonizing hours to convince the suspect to submit to them in peace.

3895181 1838476032
(WFAA via AP)

While drone monitoring provided important aerial video footage, SWAT officers kept a vigilant perimeter, and Worcester Paramedics and Firefighters waited nearby, ready to help. Hostage negotiators worked nonstop to make contact.

Unfortunately, the man kept firing at the officers, forcing them to retaliate with their own gunfire on several occasions.

At around 9:30 am, a breakthrough finally happened when the suspect cautiously exited the back of the house, and with the help of a K9 unit, police enforcement was able to effectively catch the person.

Before he was arrested and transferred to the hospital, paramedics swiftly catered to his medical requirements, according to Africa News.

Both the culprit and his victims were hurt, and they were both taken right away to the hospital to receive medical attention. Their present health status is unknown.